Monday, April 9, 2018

Week 88


Here is the talk of the week

Last Monday was the farewell of Carlos. He is going to the Chiclayo mission and entered the MTC on Wednesday so that was cool. I had a really interesting experience at his farewell. This kid approached me and asked me if I spoke English and I said yes, and he sat down next to me and started to speak to me in really good English. Anyway, he started to tell me how his mom is Peruvian and was baptized in our ward a long long time ago, but that he was born and raised in Venezuela and had just recently come back. He told me how his goal was to go to Utah and live and work there but that it was hard for him to get his Visa and whatnot. Anyway, after the farewell I asked him if he was a member of the church and he said no and that he didn't find it very interesting and that he had some agnostic beliefs. So I told him about Pascal´s Wager and some other stuff and about Mosiah 2:41 and how if he wanted to go to the states God could help him, but only if he kept the commandments. He ended up feeling the spirit and started crying really hard.  Unfortunately, he is from another ward here in our zone but I'm sure the missionaries will end up teaching and baptizing him now. So that was the highlight of my week. 

On Tuesday we had to leave at like 11AM and go to San Roque to help the sisters look for a new apartment. It really sucked! We literally walked around in their area until like 5:30 just looking for places that said ¨apartment for rent¨ and their area is super rich and we couldn't find anything. But anyway after that when we got back to the room my comps ankle had swollen up a ton because he pulled a bunch of ligaments a long time ago and that's why he has a bike.  He couldn't even walk so we ended up staying in the room all night, which was boring. And we may have to help the sisters move today but we still don't know for sure. 

On Wednesday we did exchanges with the zone leaders again because I had to interview 2 more of their investigators. One of them was super cool. His friend had shared the gospel with him, she is a girl, and they ended up going to the eternal marriage class at the institute and so ya they taught him everything in like a week and a half and he got baptized, so that was cool. 

Friday, I had to do exchanges with Elder Morris from Layton. It was super fun! Both of our companions are finishing and they went to the temple with president and went and ate lunch and everything so we were together all day. It was super fun! His dad is like the vice president of marketing for the company Lifetime that makes a bunch of plastic stuff so it was cool. 

That's about it for this week. It was a little more exciting than the last one. My comp is getting trunkier now that he leaves in like 2 weeks. We should have a baptism on Saturday and then we are working on a couple more for this month. We have so many people that are so close, they just need a little bit more time and they'll get baptized. 

--
Elder Mortenson



--
Elder Mortenson

No comments:

Post a Comment