Monday, April 9, 2018

Week 87
So another good week you could say. We are now on preparation day number 3 in a row so I can't complain, I love general conference. 

The first couple days of the week were normal. Until Wednesday when the assistants wanted to do exchanges with us. Elder David, from Colorado came with me in my area because he just really wanted to go to the gym hahaha. Unfortunately, it was closed on Thursday morning because it was a holiday. But he is going to train to become a Navy Seal and all of that stuff so we went and did a huge workout in the park anyway and had a big long chat about stuff. It was super cool and helpful. Let's just say that the vision that I have and the way that I now think have been changed. 

On Thursday, we had interviews with president and I talked to him a lot about what happened and he also helped me out a lot. I'll put the link to the talk in this email that Elder David shared with me. Its all about the mind and doubts and stuff, super cool. 

Anyway, on Friday we took our money out in the morning and then we had Fiorella´s interview that night. It was literally 10 minutes long because she was already a member, there had just been a problem with her baptismal registry and so she already knew everything. I was gonna have another interview on Friday from the elders in my district but the guy ended up not wanting to because he felt like he hadn't received an answer about the Book of Mormon yet, so we had to go and teach him and see if we could help him out. We will see how it goes. 

On Saturday and Sunday we watched conference. My companion had set a goal to watch it in English, so on Saturday we went to all of the sessions at the stake center to watch them in English and then on Sunday we watched them in Spanish because we had investigators go to our chapel to watch it. It was a super interesting conference. They mainly just talked about the changes that were going to happen in the organization of the priesthood and with the Home Teachers and then just about how everyone sustained the prophet, it was a good conference. I think my favorite talk was given by Lynn G. Robbins where he talked about developing Christ-like attributes and whatnot and how it would take us maybe a thousand or a million tries to get it right. A phrase that I really like was when he said that "success is GROWING from failure to failure with the same amount of enthusiasm." And I think that is super true, it's not just going from one to another but learning from then and progressing. 

I also thought it was interesting that there´s gonna be a temple in Layton now, and also one in India and in Russia, so that is cool. 

Anyway, all is well. This week my companion is going to the temple and having his last lunch with president on Friday so I will be on exchanges that day. On the bright side, I can tell that I am getting in better shape, so that makes me happy. Bye, until next week. 

--
Elder Mortenson

No comments:

Post a Comment