Tuesday, April 17, 2018

April 16th Letter

        
A good week I guess.  On Wednesday we had a multi-zone conference which was good. I got to see all the "homies" there.

Friday we went to the gym and my comp afterwards couldn't even move from his bed. The problem that he has with his ankle has been affecting his back and on Friday he kinda threw it out. So he and Elder Lopez went to the doctor on Friday while I stayed with Elder Vazquez and went and taught some lessons and then the zone leaders came to do Virginia´s interview, so that went well. We met a dude that has double citizenship here and in the states and fought in Vietnam. He told us how he couldn't find peace in this world because of all of the people he had killed...pretty sad. 

But ya, so Virginia got baptized! I officially baptized someone from Arequipa before Brock ever did hahaha!  It was a full day event: We had to go and fill the font, but because she is like 70 years old we couldn't just throw the cold water in, so we had to take a little heater thing to boil water on, and every 5 minutes we would dump boiling water into the font while it was filling up so at least it would be lukewarm. It took us like 2 1/2 hours to fill it up that way. But then I got to baptize her and I think we did a good job. The water wasn't ice-cold like it normally is! She was super hyped for her baptism and it turned out great. 

But because of my companion´s back problem, he has been given 5 days of rest by the doctor, which sucks. It's literally the last week of his mission. So we spent Saturday, after the baptism in the room and yesterday too. It's so boring. But on the bright side I got to read from the scriptures a lot. I started the Doctrine and Covenants and I'm already in section 30 now. 

So today we might go to Grau so my companion can go buy clothes and whatnot before heading home. That will be cool. Grau is the place where I went like my first transfer where all of the stuff are name-brand knock-offs, so that will be cool. I might pick some stuff up as well. But everything is going well! Thanks for the package with the Mio, I am so stoked to drink something besides water. 
--
Elder Mortenson

No comments:

Post a Comment