Thursday, May 3, 2018

April 30 Letter
So it was a good week! I'm training a new elder named Elder Pardo from Santiago, Chile. He is pretty cool. He is really excited about the work and wants to get out and do it so that is a pretty notable change from my last two companions. We are doing like 100-150 contacts together daily so that is dope. 
This week we had a baptism! Abraham, the Venezuelan dude that works in the gym that we go to and is the employee of the member who owns it, got baptized. He was super ready this week so we bumped his date up and it was pretty sick. Hamilton, the member, baptized him and it was cool! 

Hamilton also gave us a reference this week of a lady that goes to the gym as well and that will probably be getting divorced here soon... anyway, she accepted a baptismal date for the 12th and came to church so that's nice. She has been super prepared by the hand of the Lord. 

It was super cool this week, Elder Farnsworth, the elder that I shared a room with in Manchay and that is from my group, is my new zone leader and we did exchanges so that he could interview Abraham. But the best part of it was that he was the elder that replaced me in La Molina Vieja and they invited him to a baptism on Saturday morning so I got to go with him. Hahhaha it was great to go back and see all of the "homies" from that ward. In that ward there are a ton of MTC teachers as well, so I made sure to let them know that buckwheat (Brock) is gonna be there in July and to look for him hahha. 

That is about it for this week. Honestly, I am too lazy to write you guys tons of details because I'm going to be calling soon, anyway. But Tuesday is Elder Call´s birthday, he is in our room and today we are gonna go hit up this sick buffet that we went to my first Christmas here in the mission. We are going with Elder Fagg, Elder Morris and Elder Farnsworth and his comp because they are all in the zone now too so that should be fun. Anyway peace.

--
Elder Mortenson


No comments:

Post a Comment