Tuesday, February 27, 2018


Week 81


We had our multi-zone conference on Thursday. President got there late and while our zone was waiting in the gym for a training he called me over telling me that he hadn't got the chance to say 'hi' to me. So he started talking about how I had asked for permission to go the gym, for like the 3rd time, and how it was against the rules. I told him that I really needed to start preparing to get back and he told me how he wanted to help me out and that was that. Then, when we started eating lunch, he looks at me from across the gym and points to the door out and then leaves waiting for me to follow and we went into a room and chatted about how he had called Blake that morning, ironically. He asked me what I thought about the conversation he had had and what I felt and I expressed to him my concerns and whatnot.  Then, he ended up using Tom Brady as an example for me telling me that if we were going to do this, that I needed to end up being like TB, the very best, and living a life according to the gospel(TB is married and is a better example than the majority) So ya, I now have permission to go the gym that a member owns in our area and work out. Pres. Amato took me yesterday to go buy protein and creatine and its going well. We went to the gym this morning and it was so fetching hard! The gym is a mix of those Power Plate machines that vibrate and weights and medicine balls and I did rope slams and stuff but ya I am super sore so that is a good sign. And then I am going to run the 3 days of the week that I don't go to the gym. 

On Wednesday we did an activity that, unfortunately, was my idea. Haha the sisters cut out some of those "kissing cam" type frame things and we took them to a super busy place and invited people to take pictures there and then offered them informational pamphlets and whatnot from a nearby table. It actually drew the attention of a lot of people, the only setback was that we just felt so dumb holding those things in public so we ended up just giving them to the sisters and they did it while we walked around and contacted. 

On Friday we went to the foot doctor and got our inserts. They are amazing. they are really helping my back and everything out so that is a good sign! 

On Saturday we had a huge Family Home Evening with the whole zone that turned out pretty cool I guess. We invited the family that we are teaching but when we showed up to take them, the husband wasn't home and so we waited. He ended up getting home like 10 minutes later and then had to shower and get ready and everything and we took a taxi and ended up walking in right as they said 'amen' to the closing prayer.... but ya we stayed for the games and refreshments so that's at least something. 

Also on Saturday, we got a call from president telling us that we were going to have emergency transfers! So on Monday, Elder Malca left and I received Elder Guanilo from Trujillo. He is super dope. He finishes his mission this next transfer so it looks like I will end up finishing my mission here in Surquillo as well, which is alright with me! But he came because his foot is messed up and he needed a bike and my area is like a bike-approved area or something so I'm with him. It is cool. 

That's about it this week. I got a package from Joyce Jensen the other week and that was a huge surprise! You'll have to tell her thanks for that. So I don't have a talk for you this week but the challenge is that you can all read 2 Nephi 29, its literally 14 verses so it shouldn't take long. 

#AggieUp

--Elder Mortenson

No comments:

Post a Comment