Saturday, February 17, 2018

Week 80

To start this week out on preparation-day we went to KFC and then slept for a while after haha it was awesome. 

On Tuesday we had our district meeting and then I did exchanges with Elder Halls in his area so that I could interview one of their investigators, who was this little 9 year old boy. Luckily, he knew the answers to the baptismal questions so it went pretty quickly. I think his mom made him study hahaha. But ya it was pretty fun until the assistant's called us and told us that they were having an emergency leadership council meeting the next morning at 7 A.M. So we ended up waking-up at 5:20 to be able to meet up with our companions and leave. Luckily, we got back to our room at like 6:00 so I got to sleep for another hour. 

On Wednesday we had another English class that actually went pretty well. We had some new Venezuelan dudes show up and they participated a ton and were super funny. One of them raised his hand and said "if pollo in English is chicken, would you say that repollo is rechicken?" and it was super dumb but everybody died because repollo is cabbage. 

On Thursday my companion had an appointment with that foot doctor that I went to see that one time in Miraflores. It was kinda weird going this time though because part of my area is Miraflores and we took 1 bus and got there in like 30 minutes instead of 2 hours like the last time. I had her check my feet out to see what she would say and she tested them on this ink board thing that makes an ink copy of my foot and she told me that I have super high arches and that I'm putting all of the pressure on these bones and whatnot so she convinced me to buy some specially made inserts that are supposed to help. She told me that if I go play football when I get back without them that I'm gonna destroy my feet, so I might buy some latex ones for my cleats. 

While we were there at the doctor Elder Farnsworth and Elder Roberts came and I got to talk to them. They are in La Molina Vieja and so they told me all about the stuff that's going on. They told me that Joyci, the lady I baptized, and Liliana, the lady that got baptized my first week when I got there, had a huge fight. They were best friends when I left but idk what happened exactly but they said that in the middle of Gospel Principles class they were yelling at each other... so I'm kinda sad that I missed seeing that. 

On Friday we had a zone planning session.  Cool and dumb at the same time...

On Saturday we went and did service in Vista Alegre with the elders. Their investigator was moving and so we went and helped him. We had to move everything from the 3rd floor down to the bottom and like a full block away and then up to the 5th floor, it took forever! We moved his washing machine, bed, book case etc. The cool thing was that he is from Boston and so I talked to him a little about that. 

Sunday was a good day. Like everybody that we are teaching came to church. At night we went and visited one of the members that is super dope. He told me that he owns a gym that uses those power plate things that vibrate. He offered to help me get back into shape so I'm asking for permission from president. He said he could hook me up with all of his supplements and vitamins and minerals too. He studied nutrition and whatnot so we will see what he knows and if I can get permission. 

But ya that's it for this week. We have a multi zone conference on Thursday, and then next week we are going to the temple. I still don't know what day but it will be either Tuesday or Wednesday so I will be emailing one of those two days. I heard that there is some Brazilian UFC fighter that is a member of the church so that is cool. The talk of this week was given in the last general conference by Tad R. Callister and it was so boss. Its called God´s Compelling Witness: The Book of Mormon here is the link: 

--

Elder Mortenson

No comments:

Post a Comment