Monday, February 5, 2018

Week 79

This week i did the same things that I did the last week and the week before that... but I will tell you about it nonetheless. 

Monday we just slept and cleaned the apartment. It was awesome sleeping for like 3 hours. We also went to Dominoes again with the boyz. 

Tuesday was just a normal day for us because Elder Malca and I stayed together. But ya turns out the mission forgot to contract a second bus. Because the way it works is one bus starts at one end of the mish and another bus at the other end and they drive the opposite ends. But they forgot to get a second one until like 3:30 in the afternoon and so the elders that we share our room with ended up getting back to the room at like 10 because the one arrived at the stake center at like 9:30 and the other had to just sit there and wait all day.

Wednesday was the first English class that we held. We had like 6 people come which was better than none and better than actually like contacting 6 different people. So that was good. We've been handing out tons of flyers still and so I think more people will keep coming, at least I hope so. 

On Thursday we went and did service for the lady that washes our clothes. We painted a room in her house. hahaha the bad thing was that there wasn't much ventilation in the room and so we were breathing a lot of the fumes in....but we did a good job! 

On Friday I did exchanges with Elder Hernandez to go interview their investigator. It was a pretty weird interview.  They are from Venezuela and her husband is a member, he was inactive but they are good now. But anyway I got through the majority of the interview and I asked her, just to make sure, if she was married. And so she said yes but then started telling me that she was only married civilly and didn't want to get married in the church and everything and I was thinking "Why would you not want to get sealed?" and that maybe she was having probs in the marriage but turns out she just didn't understand what it was. It was super funny though because she tried to tell me, after having explained about the sealing keys and the temple and whatnot, that she didn't think it was necessary and that in God´s eyes, her baptism would assure her salvation as a family etc. So I shared D&C 131 and helped her understand so she finally agreed that it was necessary. 

On Saturday we did service again for one of the investigators in Surco. We went and helped her move. It was kinda fun because all of the elders in the zone went but it also sucked because we had to carry her stuff to the seventh floor of the apartment building. 

Got a good fast in on Sunday. Also, we went and talked to our ward mission leader who just got back from vacation in Florida. He is dope and told me that he´s a dental technician which is pretty cool. I talked to him about how I wanted to study Odontology and whatnot so that's cool. He was showing me how he makes the molds and rebuilds the teeth and whatnot it was interesting. I was wondering though, do you think the dude that Dr. Lambert sent me to so he could match the color of my teeth and the shape for my implant was a dental technician? 
Because that dude was loaded. 

Anyway everything is going great. A sweet talk that I was reading this week was by our Prophet about the Book of Mormon. I'll share the link with you and I hope that you guys read it and ponder the questions that he asks in it! 


--
Elder Mortenson

No comments:

Post a Comment