Monday, August 28, 2017

Week 56

Whats up? Nother week down haha. It was a good week, let me tell you about it. 

So to start out, on Tuesday we had transfers. I was stuck in the stake center all morning telling people when to get on the bus and waiting for people to get off so that was fun. After finally getting back to the house and dropping off bags, we got started immediately. My comp is Elder Macias, he is from Honduras. This is his second to last transfer. He is a good guy, loves to work and talk to everyone which I'm fine with. Haha he is just kind of socially inept in the sense that he doesn't really care about feelings, is super blunt, and does things in public that are a little weird but its nothing too bad.  I am learning a lot of good things from him and we should have a ton of baptisms coming up here in September. This Saturday Andrea is gonna get baptized she is super hyped for it. 


On Friday I went to the new leader's training with Elder Yañez and that was fun. I saw all my homies there like Elder Peterson so that was cool.  They literally never change any of the trainings though so it was the same exact thing as last time. President announced that he was going to start leaving elders in their areas for longer periods of time so that is new. Pres. Boswell transferred everyone like every 2 transfers but the way things are looking I will probably be moved after this transfer.

On Saturday we had a stake activity in the morning with like 100 of the youth and we split up with groups of them and showed them how missionary work is so that was cool. President talked to me about it and he wanted it to be a goal that each of the youth could give away a Book of Mormon so we got like 4 boxes from the office and handed them all out and I think it was a good experience for them. It was super long though and I was so tired after especially because in Musa, where we did it, the sun shines year round and so it was hot and I was kinda getting burned. It makes me super not excited for the summer to come again. But at least my area, Manchay, is clear up in the mountains so it is cloudy and cold a lot. 

We finally had Elias and his wife say that they were going to try to get all of their papers together to get married! Their witnesses in the ward, said that they are going on vacation in September and so they need to get married before that. So they are hurrying. It will probably be right after their brand new baby daughter is born too, so that will be cool! the ward is gonna pitch in and rent a suit and dress and whatnot so it should be cool! More information on that the next week. 

Today was a good day. We went and played "get to know you" games in the chapel with the zone and played volleyball and handball afterward. It was super fun but kind of unfair because wow some people are so uncoordinated holy fetch. Afterward we went to Papa John's because the stake young men's president is now like my best friend and so he bought the whole zone pizza which was pretty sick. He bought like 14 pizzas for 18 people because he thought there were more of us, so I ate my fill. 
 
Um nothing else has really happened this week. I'm just having fun, hanging on until Christmas. The mission sure has flown by and I'm just trying to enjoy it. 

Much Love,
Elder Mortenson

No comments:

Post a Comment