Tuesday, August 29, 2017

Week 57
I'm starting to understand how dad feels being on-call and never able to catch up on sleep and always feeling tired. This week has been tiresome but it was a great week! Andrea was baptized on Saturday and that was cool! She was so chosen and so excited to be baptized, even though her mom goes to the Israelite Church...idk if that exists in the states. But we got one of the kids who is preparing for his mission to baptize her!  We took the Missionary Training elders out proselyting all afternoon on Saturday and arrived at like 5 to get ready for the baptism. We drained the font and began filling it and it got done at like 6:45 even though the baptism was at 6. Then we found out the ward doesn't have any baptismal clothes in stock, so one of the younger women in the ward had to loan her white dress that she uses to work in the temple, to Andrea for her baptism so that was pretty crazy. 

We went out from 1 until 4:30 with the MTC missionaries so that was super long just contacting. I went out with Elder Lamont and Elder Berges from South Jordan and Provo. hahaha it was so weird talking to them and hearing about all of the stuff that is and has been happening in the U.S. that I hadn't even heard about. They were cool, and super new! 

We did exchanges twice this week. Elder Nelson came with me one time and then Elder Ponce, my son, came with me. It was pretty fun they are cool and we were able to learn a lot of good stuff from one another. 

We finally got permission to baptize Eduardo, he is 13 and super dope. So he will be getting baptized on the 9th with Francisco a 21 year old. They are both super cool and will be great converts. Francisco recently quit his job to be able to come church and is making changes in his life, we are super excited for him and Eduardo has just been waiting for a long time now. We set the zone goal for September at 15 baptisms and things are looking pretty well. We have Leadership Council this week so we will be able to go and report on how well we did this month (which we were 13/14 baptisms) and our plans and goals for the next month. We are hoping not to see another drop-off because that is usually how it goes, one month has a lot of baptisms and the next just a few, and then that pattern just repeats over and over again. 

Today we went to the office and got some more money for Fondo A which is for like reimbursements (idk how to spell that) and whatnot and then went to Pizza Hut as always haha. Afterward, I got my hair cut because it grows so fast and the barber who is our "homie" let us watch Zootopia on his laptop while we were there. The barber uses this dope wax for my hair that smells like coconuts and he told me he could snag me some so I am gonna buy it off of him. I like the Old spice stuff that I use but it doesn't hold well enough. 

We are getting ready for our zone conferences next week and for Elder Oaks, of the Twelve, to come next Saturday. It should be super cool. Also, next week is Stake Conference so there are lots of things going on. 

The pics and the video I'm going to send are of me playing the drums. One is with my comp, the darker one, and the other is with Elder YaƱez, the Chilean.  We went and had a family home evening with the Quilcas and their son has a drum set and whatnot so we got to play around on that. It was nothing like playing Rock Band that's for sure. 
 
 The Pope is coming to Peru in January to visit and they just finished this huge church here in my area so he will probably visit here, but I probs will be gone by then. It is a nice church and it is like right down the street from our church so that is cool. 

But ya that is about all that I have for this week. Lots of stuff to do and lots of people to take care of, but i know that the stress will pay off later. Love you guys.

--
Much Love,
Elder Mortenson

No comments:

Post a Comment