Monday, August 14, 2017

Week 55

So my comp is out (being transferred). He is headed to Chaclacayo with Elder Fagg from Heber City. I am staying here and will be comps with Elder Macias from Honduras. He was my Zone Leader in Vitarte when I just got here so that is kinda weird. Should be alright. Elder Farnsworth is out too and Elder Yañez is coming with Elder Peña in our room. He was in Vitarte as well and is a boss, I'm excited. I called Elder Hunt and he is staying in Santa Anita with his companion. We will see how the transfers go next time because I will probably leave this area and may have North American companion because there are several who will all have just one transfer in their areas, so that would be cool. There are 4 of us from the group that I came out with who are Zone Leaders and a couple from the group ahead of us. 

This week was pretty crazy! Lets just say that we got a call from the assistants to the president telling us to go check the room of some elders in the zone. Lets just say we didn't find what we were sent for but we found some other things like movies and headphones and whatnot and so they kinda got in trouble. And tons of problems came from it. I can't say everything that happened because of it, but it was crazy.  We had to "counsel" them about it, the good news is that my comp has a lot of experience in that area so he gave me tips. 

On Sunday we had a regional conference transmitted from SLC. It was all of the stakes in Bolivia and Peru and Elder Cook presided from the Conference Center in SLC. It was cool, all of the area presidency and live here in our stake so when we showed up Elder Gladoy and his counselors were there and they talked a little. Also Elder Uceda talked as well, the same one that spoke in General 
Conference a little while back.  That was cool to listen to him, he talked about going to the temple and like 50 times throughout the talk said that we should "wait for adversity in all things"so there is something to think about. 

Wednesday we went and did service with the sisters in their area. We helped paint the inside of a recent convert's house.  It was alright, I feel like we didn't help much because we forgot to mix the paint with water and I guess with that kind of paint she said it was going to like peel away or something so ya.... she was still nice to us and gave us food. 

Today we went to the office to deliver some stuff. We ate at KFC and bought some stuff. There isn't much else to do haha. We are gonna go back and clean the apartment and the elders who are being transferred are gonna pack and then we have a huge Family Home Evening activity tonight with the ward and some recent converts. Tomorrow we will be in the stake center all morning waiting for the transfers and then we have a busy week planned. I'll probably end up going to the new leader's training with Elder Yañez on Friday. But ya, I'm doing great, finished the Book of Mormon in Spanish and started the New Testament in Spanish and I'm studying it with the help of Talmage's book, Jesus the Christ so that should be pretty cool. 

Thanks for everything you do. Im just on my way to single digit months left....

--
Much Love,

Elder MortensonCar shop/museum 

No comments:

Post a Comment