Tuesday, April 11, 2017

Week 35



On Mon, Apr 3, 2017 at 4:38 PM, Bryce Cameron Mortenson <bryce.mortenson@myldsmail.net> wrote:
So i just thought the title of this email was clever because it's a real thing. I am slowly forgetting how to speak English and it is weird. Some of the new elders come in and use slang and things that I either haven't heard of or have forgotten and I probably sound pretty unintelligent when I speak now but oh well. My pronunciation with everything has changed as well so it will take a while to get it back after the two years haha. I also thought it was cool because Valeri Cordon talked about it in General conference and it was a really good talk on how we can keep the language of the gospel in our families. 

This week was chill. Its always nice to have a 3 day pday haha because with priesthood session we do nothing on Saturday and we only proselyte at night on Sunday and Monday so it's been good. It truly is a blessing to be able to listen to the prophet that is literally called of God and receives revelation from him for our day right now as well as the apostles. Honestly I don't remember a ton of what each individual said but I downloaded the majority and am going to listen to them again. I noticed a few themes among the messages such as light, families, BoM, discipleship, and the Godhead, along with the scripture John 3:16 that was quoted more than once. Ill get back to you next week on the favorite talks. The good news is we got a few of our investigators to conference...could've been more though. 

Sometimes I get kinda frustrated with myself and with people. Yes, obviously living the gospel comes with sacrifices but when people turn us down they really don't understand the happiness and peace that they are turning down. I mean literally the prophet spoke to us and his apostles and i tried my best to help them understand that but people just don't get it.... sometimes I just think to myself how I was so blessed to have been born into an eternal family and have been raised knowing who I was and what God´s plan is for me...but anyway that's just like my main frustration. I like the quote Brett shared with me it, it says: "Whether the harvest is meager or plentiful, its God´s harvest either way."

So nothing much really happened this week. we are probably gonna leave a bunch of investigators that aren't progressing. This next week is the last week of the transfer and we are planning to do a movie night and watch "Meet the Mormons" and try to get people to come. I have to go to the 12 week training of my comp in La Molina. President Boswell is winding down... President Amato will be arriving soon enough. 

Pretty cool that I hit the 1/3 mark in the mish. I'm almost to the Fall here, when I hit that turning point. Anyway I am doing fine, just focusing on the work. The language isn't a problem anymore and i feel like I've got a pretty fair handle on the teaching and... I can almost see the downhill side. But anyway, hope you guys have fun in Cancun and eat some serious burritos and spicy food for me because that stuff is the bomb! 

-
Much Love,

Elder Mortenson

No comments:

Post a Comment