Monday, June 5, 2017

Week 43


So this week was about the same as every other week in the mission hahaha. Sorry if my emails get a little repetitive. 

On Saturday we had another baptism! We were able to baptize Milagros, she is the daughter of a couple of members. She is in a wheelchair (don't know all the details) but she was scared of the water when she was younger and I guess she decided now was her time. The baptism was super interesting, I baptized her but her dad had to come into the font with me and carry her and after about 3 times of trying we finally got it so her whole body went under the water. It was a really cool experience actually. 

We had my companion's 6 week training with the mission president as well. It was alright I suppose. It was more fun when I was the one who had 6 weeks haha. They separate the trainers from the new missionaries and the young´n's are allowed to ask any questions and whatnot and president helps them to find answers and stuff. I just got instructed by the assistants on how to train and be a better leader so it was cool. 

The married missionary couple came to our house this week to help us out with the stuff in our room. Hahaha Finally we have hot water in the shower! I haven't showered in hot water since like the beginning of my second transfer in San Borja but that is chill you get used to it after a while. But it is so nice now because I like want to take a shower in the morning because the weather is getting cold and it's no fun going from cold to ice cold water. 

We had our stake conference yesterday. Luckily we watched it through a camera and didn't have to go all the way to the stake center. It was pretty interesting. Lately I've been thinking back on my life a lot and how the experiences I've had relate to the gospel and I have come away with some pretty good stuff, some pretty good talk material I guess you could say. Kinda like what dad did when he was bishop using some type of experience from his life that related to practically any principle of the gospel. You guys will just have to wait to hear them when I give a talk. 

Anyway I don't have much more to say. I will send you the pics of the baptisms of Flor y Milagros so you guys can see.  Because of the conference they didn't get confirmed yet so they will be confirmed next week. But ya, all is well, Peace. 

--
Much Love,

Elder Mortenson

No comments:

Post a Comment