Monday, March 12, 2018

Week 84

Ya so another good week! To start out, on Monday we went to some member's house in the zone and cooked up like infinity hamburgers and ate them and watched a couple of movies. We ended up not going to the abandoned church because they couldn't get us in but it was chill. 

Tuesday was a fairly good day. I gave my training in the district meeting on some sports psychology and how we can apply it to the mission. I talked about setting high goals and mentally visualizing them daily and then using some other techniques to help us achieve them. It was a pretty cool training.

Wednesday and Thursday were just normal days. We did divisions that night so that we could go to both the correlation meeting and to an appointment with the family that we are teaching so that they could go get their documents to get married. They ended not being home because that had to go to the dentist with their daughter. They are taking forever to get everything done because she is super scared of not being able to keep all of the commandments after she gets baptized. So we took this member from our ward with us yesterday and visited them and we talked them through their worries and it was pretty cool.  I think they could start doing better now. 

On Friday I went and did divisions with Elder Halls again so I could interview 4 of their investigators that were going to get baptized. I interviewed a little girl and then on Saturday morning when I was in the shower, the mom of the family that was going to get baptized(her with her two daughters) called and told Elder Halls that they wouldn't be able to do it for different reasons. So we went to her house and were trying to help her and whatnot and the other Elders came and suggested that she just have the interview so that I could help her out. So we went to the chapel, lets just say that I spent 2 hours trying to help her out. I ended up not passing her because she didn't even have a testimony.  It was interesting. 

Yesterday was kind of a sad day. This guy stopped us on the street and told us that he had family that was part of our church and that he just wanted us to read him a verse of the Bible. He told us that he was living in the street and that he just earned money to eat and to do drugs. It was really sad he was crying super hard while he explained all of that to us. Not that its the first time that it has happened to me, because it happens fairly often, but it really made me think about how there are people that literally live in a hell on earth and to see how strong Satan's chains really can be and how hard it can be to escape them. It was a testimony that the gospel really is freedom. 

Anyway, me and Elder Guanilo are staying together, no surprise. Today we are gonna go to Burger King and clean our room. Everything is going well. We are hitting the gym 3 times a week and I really am liking it. We try to run the other 3 days of the week. So that's about it. Shout-out to the little bro for getting his call to Arequipa!!! I'm gonna have to tell Elder Garate to be on the lookout for you. It should be a super cool mission! Arequipa is considered here to be a different country because it is the richest part of Peru. But I'm hyped that we will have served in the same country!! Time to get started on the Spanish...

--
Elder Mortenson

No comments:

Post a Comment