Wednesday, December 20, 2017

Week 73
Don't expect this email to be too long because we are gonna talk on Christmas anyway. But so Thursday night we had Mauricio and Andre´s interviews and they were good. Oh but I guess I should tell you what we did for pday. We went and took pics at the temple with the whole zone and then afterward went and ate at Pardo´s chicken palace place and that was good and then we had gingerbread house making competitions and then they gave us some sick new flower ties and after we went to an orphanage and played with little kids and sang songs so ya it was pretty fun. 

On Friday we had to go get a mini-missionary to come with us but we only ended up going to the Municipalidad and then to the mission offices because we had to do a ton of crap for our Christmas caroling activity that we won't actually be able to do because we went back to the municipalidad and they said that we can't have permission to do anything religious, so that sucks. But ya I felt bad for the mini-missionary. But then we had to go interview one of the elder´s crazy investigators that read the Book of Mormon in 3 days and was screaming during her interview, she is so crazy. Luckily, my comp did the interview. But ya supposedly she is going to start proselyting every Wednesday now that she has the Holy Ghost and bringing references to the elders so that is interesting. Then, later Friday night we went to our ward Christmas party and that was fun. 

On Saturday we had the two baptisms. They went well except for the fact that Mauricio showed up an hour late! But we got some members to baptize them and confirm them. Then, at night we went into like the busiest spot in our whole mission and put up the banners we got and tables and free cookies/candy with Santa hats and contacted people. It was super cool and worked out great, we got like 85 references in like 2 hours. But supposedly we aren't allowed to do that so we won't be going back haha but they didn't get mad at us. 
 
Then Sunday was normal. Today we went and played basketball in the morning and then we had to clean our room and I had to pack because I have been  transferred. Then we went back to the municipalidad and that was when they told us that we can't do our activity. Then we went to Papa Johns with the La Molina zone leaders and now we are here. 

But ya so anyway I am being transferred. I'm going to an area called Surquillo. Its like a rich zone but my area is like a half and half. I am gonna be companions with Elder Malca...I'll tell you about him when we talk on Christmas. I'm gonna be the new District Leader there. So ya I'm super hyped about not being zone leader, it is super stressful and I've never been DL before so we will see how it goes. My district is made up of the zone leaders, and another companionship of elders that are in my room so I don't think it will be too bad haha thank goodness. 

But love you guys. Hope you are having a great Christmas season. Ill talk to you soon. 

--

Elder Mortenson

No comments:

Post a Comment