Tuesday, October 24, 2017

Week 65

It was a good week. As always I'll start with day 1 and fill you all in on how busy things are here. 

So on Sunday night our pension (the woman who prepares our meals) told us that she could no longer give us food because her husband is really sick and went to the hospital, so we have just been kind of bouncing around. We ask members to make us food and buy food and whatnot and it has actually been kind of cool. We have gotten to know a lot more members, which is good. 

On Tuesday we went and visited a family in our ward whose son just got home from a mission in Ecuador. He is super cool and has gone out working with us almost every day. Another returned missionary from Iquitos gave us a total of 17 references because no one in his family is a member of the church, so we are working with one of his aunts right now that actually seems like she will end up progressing so I will let you know how that goes. Later that night we had a meeting with the stake president and we planned our activity called "Eat and Be Merry" it is gonna be super cool. We are going to have games in every room and all of the investigators are going to go play Play-Station and Poker and whatnot and then we are gonna shut-off all the lights suddenly and relate it all to how our life can end unexpectedly, while we are enjoying ourselves, and what if we're not prepared to meet our maker... it is gonna be boss. 
 
On Wednesday we went and did service in Chacarilla with the elders, I will send pics. And then we did exchanges with them afterwards and elder Chau came with me in my area. It went pretty well. 

Thursday we had another pamphlet table activity in Monterrico in the morning and that went really well, we found a lot of people and the elders there are teaching a couple of them now. They really needed help because they had no one to teach. That night we had to go to the stake center in La Molina to interview an investigator for baptism. I interviewed him, it was kinda weird because he didn't like to give straightforward answers, but it was all good. Oh, and we played basketball with a couple of guys that were there at the stake center.  Elder Hunt was on exchanges with one of the assistants there, so he and I played against the guys and schooled them, it was fun but I am rusty! 

On Friday, we had interviews in the morning and our district meeting. President and I talked for like 30 minutes even though the interviews should be 7 minutes. He first started talking to me about football and how the bishop in his ward is the head security guard for the CEO of Nike and how he is Tongan and how all of his sons are playing ball. Supposedly his son is at Utah State right now, his name is Ia Wolfgraham if you want to look him up. But anyway, afterward we talked about the English class I am gonna do and he gave me tons of ideas from the way that his ward did it in Brasil. It's gonna be super cool and I am gonna do two classes, one that starts on Friday and goes for like 5 weeks and then I am going to do another one that is much more organized for 8 weeks. It will be cool, he showed me pics of kids that were baptized from the class in his ward and then went on missions. I am excited! 

Saturday was a normal day and Sunday we did nothing. Haha we were literally stuck in the house all day due to the national census. We went to Monterrico to do some things because the elders there are having problems with their house. The members there made us lunch and made me a birthday cake and everything and it was awesome. I had helped the sisters move out of that house when I was in San Borja but the elders recently moved back because the house is super super rich.  The mom that lives there made me and Elder Beach talk to her children that are living in Provo to test out their English, so that was fun. 
The package you sent is gonna get here this week so that makes me excited and overall I had a good b-day. Even though they say that the census was a failure because only like half of the population did it because there were a total of like 50 questions, but oh well. 
 
Today we just chilled with the zone, I will send pics. Good week overall. This coming week we have leadership council so that will be fun. Thanks for the birthday wishes, love you guys. 

--
Much Love,

Elder Mortenson

No comments:

Post a Comment