Tuesday, September 12, 2017

Week 59
So the highlight of this week was that we got to listen to Elder Oaks on Saturday that was pretty cool. We went at 8 in the morning and took some good pics as a mission and whatnot and then walked into the MTC. The South mission came as well. I saw Wes Anderson and got to talk to him along with Justin Brooksby so that was was kinda weird seeing familiar faces from high school haha. Zack and Jake both emailed me last week asking when I was going to go meet with Elder Oaks but sadly, I think they are going this week so I won't see them. But, Along with Elder Oaks came Lynn G. Robbins, whose talk on "Tasting the Light" I had just read a couple days earlier, as well as Elder Falabella our area seventy and Bishop Causse. They all spoke on some good stuff that 
I'm not gonna take the time to write. But Elder Oaks talked about the mantle that we have as missionaries and how a mantle exists for all callings in the church and it always starts out too big and we have to grow into it. Haha he made a really funny joke saying that he didn't know why missionaries were scared to lose their mantle at the end of their missions because at least there would be another one waiting for them, whereas for him, there would be a funeral! hahahaha He was super powerful and pretty much burned us all. But it was cool, we also got to shake all of their hands. 

On Tuesday we had interviews with president. They went well. He kinda burned me because I told him that I started reading the first 5 books of Moses and he said that I should start the Book of Mormon over again and never stop reading it so I guess we will see.... Speaking of how Elder Oaks was really funny, President mentioned to me about how each and every one of the Apostles are different. Elder Holland is the burner, Elder Eyring is more serious, Elder Uchtdorf is funny etc. yet they are all still leaders and talked to me about that. It helped because my companion is super different than I am and I asked him how I could be a better leader. He pretty much told me the same thing Pres. Boswell told me awhile ago about how we need to just use our individual strengths and talents to help others.  We went to his house afterward to talk again about the program thing and afterward his wife made us chips and salsa and it was like American Salsa and it was awesome! Elder Erickson looked at me and said "how weird is it to think that its 5 in the afternoon and we are in president's house, eating chips and salsa with his family!" It was pretty funny because they were kind of weird circumstances for us. 

On Thursday we had our multi-zone activity, it was good. My companion and I gave a training on how to think "outside of the box". haha It was pretty difficult because idk how someone can teach someone else to do that so we just kind of gave them some guidelines. It went well, everyone liked it...or at least they lied and said it was good. We got to eat tons of pizza that day. 

I already told you about Saturday. But right after the devotional with Elder Oaks Francisco got baptized. It was fun, I got to baptize him. He is super cool what else can I say about him?  He quit his job so that he could go to church and he goes to all of the activities. On Sunday we had stake conference and so it was hard to take investigators all the way to La Molina. We had to go interview an investigator of the Elders in the office later that day, so that was fun.  

Um today we went to the sister´s area and played some games in a park and whatnot and had a picnic with the whole zone. It kinda stinks planning the zone p-days, but it was fun. The park was super nice and we played a little basketball. They also had a turf soccer field which made me super trunky because I kept smelling that rubbery hot smell that comes off of it. So this week we really don't have anything going on...I am kind of getting an ingrown toenail so I think I am going to go to the doctor to get it fixed but ya that's about my week, thanks. 
 
--
Much Love,
Elder Mortenson

No comments:

Post a Comment