Monday, July 17, 2017

Week 50

This week was pretty normal, no new stories I have to tell. There was a small earthquake. We were walking next to the road and it happened right as a huge bus passed and we thought that the bus was shaking the ground like we were walking on a bridge or something so that was pretty cool. 

I got my package on Wednesday! Thanks a ton for all the good stuff that you guys threw in. We hung the USA decorations up in our room and and I sold a couple of those nice pens to my companion and Elder Farnsworth`s comp because good pens don't exist here. 

I did my first baptismal interview this week, it was pretty cool. I interviewed a kid named Cafu who is 16. it was a super spiritual experience to say the least. He was baptized on Saturday. I would tell you more about it but I kinda can't tell you what happened. 

We took some cool pics on Tuesday at our district meeting with the American flag, I will send you the pics. Also it was Elder Peña`s birthday so we bought a cake and Inca Kola to celebrate. 

Today for Preparation day we went and helped the sisters in Cieneguilla move literally one floor down. We took a 30 minute bus ride clear through the mountains and spend like 30 minutes moving them and then came back. It was cool though, their area is super secluded and really rich and green. Then every companionship in the zone brought a type of food and a game to play. We ended up just playing volleyball though so that was fun. 

Yesterday we found the book "The Miracle of Forgiveness" in a member`s house and I was reading in it and found a cool quote. I will translate it but idk if its exactly how it is in English. it said "sow a thought, reap an action; sow an action, reap a habit; sow a habit, reap a character; and sow a character, reap an eternal destiny." So pretty much everything we do starts with our thoughts. Just a thought for today. And also to go along with it you should read, Alma 12:14. Seems like a pretty cool book but I hear that people don't want to read for the condemnation....

Yesterday was pretty cool. We had 10 investigators come to church, what a miracle! I couldn't get anyone to come to church in Vitarte, so that was amazing. 

I hope I have more stories for the next week and I hope you all are having a good time in Powell. 

--
Much Love,
Elder Mortenson

No comments:

Post a Comment